Search Members Help

» Welcome Guest
[ Log In :: Register ]

Page 1 of 212>>

[ Track This Topic :: Email This Topic :: Print this topic ]

reply to topic new topic new poll
Topic: Invasion Squad XIV, I'm finally making a good game!< Next Oldest | Next Newest >
 Post Number: 1
PersonGuy Search for posts by this member.
Right-wing pigeon from outer space

Group: Members
PostIcon Posted on: Feb. 10 2002,02:57  Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

Hey everybody! :D

I've been at DigiPen (the game school) for over a semester now. It's been a blast! Everybody keeps asking me what I do over here and very soon I'll have something to show for all my hard work! Invasion Squad XIV is a game me and 7 fellow classmates are making and it will be done in early May. Basically, you're the commander of a bunch of aliens in a giant mothership. Your job is to take over America. It's pretty cool, cause not only is it a fun idea... but we already have some working prototypes and it's pretty damn fun! :)

I've been doing my best to hold out and keep my upcoming game a secret, but it's finally time for it to be unveiled! w00t w00t! We got this cool chick to make a website for us, and she's doing a damn fine job. Check it out and find out more about the game!

http://www.invasionsquad.com

Let me know what you think!  :p

Edited by PersonGuy on Jan. 01 1970,01:00

--------------
"My love for you is like diarrhea... I just can't hold it in." - A Chick on InfatuAsian -[URL=http://www.personguy.com]PersonGuy[/URL]
Top of Page Profile Contact Info WEB 
 Post Number: 2
solid Search for posts by this member.
Kiloposter

PostIcon Posted on: Feb. 10 2002,03:38 Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

DigiPen? I probalby missed it in some post way back when you said you were semi-going-away.
DigiPen 0wnz j00.

--------------
Solid - Stating the obvious, one post at a time.
Top of Page Profile Contact Info 
 Post Number: 3
Rhydant Search for posts by this member.
I don't work here.

PostIcon Posted on: Feb. 10 2002,04:13 Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

hehehehehe... funny aliens.

ive been thinking about attending digipen.... i hear its kinda hard to get in though due to the limit of students accepted.

--------------
And when people tell me what is OK and what is not, it should not be unexpected see, I extend my middle right hand digit and say "Hey, would you like a lemon or lime with that piece of advice, Mister?"
 Post Number: 4
The Dwarf
Unregistered

PostIcon Posted on: Feb. 10 2002,08:25 Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

I'm BAAAAACK!

You are not my friend!
You are my foe!
I am two feet tall!
You have got to go!

This is Dwarf Invasion! (Dwarf Invasion!;)
This is Dwarf Invasion! (Da Dwarf Invasion!;)
This is Dwarf Invasion! (Das da Dwarf Invasion!;)

This is Dwarf Inva-a-asion! (Dwarf Invasion!;)
Dwarf Invasion! (Dwarf Invasion!;) (Dwarf Invasion!;)
(Dwarf Invasion!;)

This is not a friend!
You are very tall!
I can barely stand up to you!
I can't play basketball!

This is the Dwarf Invasion!

Post Number: 5
Dysorderia Search for posts by this member.
Kryten 2X4B 523P

PostIcon Posted on: Feb. 10 2002,09:58 Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

Quote (Guest @ 10 Feb. 2002,00:25)
<snip! your insane>

lookaround.gif  lookaround.gif  lookaround.gif  lookaround.gif
um yeah, ill have a pound of whatever it is that you are smoking.....

--------------
Sir? May I recommend I load myself into the reverse-thrust tubes and you use my body as decoy-fodder? This will, of course leave me splattered across deep space and unable to complete today's laundry, for which I apologise in advance.

[url=http://www.kr1cket.com]www.kr1cket.com[/url]
 Post Number: 6
Spydir Search for posts by this member.
proof that humans suck (www.netsyndrome.net)

PostIcon Posted on: Feb. 10 2002,18:39 Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

didn't wolfy cap dwarfy a few weeks before PG left?

--------------
Net Syndrome - www.netsyndrome.net Catch The Sickness
 Post Number: 7

PostIcon Posted on: Feb. 10 2002,20:31 Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

Quote (solid @ 09 Feb. 2002,11:38)
DigiPen? I probalby missed it in some post way back when you said you were semi-going-away.

Yah, I'm pretty sure I mentioned it around the time that you were somewhat inactive...

And I don't remember a Dwarfy.............. are we talking about Midget???

--------------
"My love for you is like diarrhea... I just can't hold it in." - A Chick on InfatuAsian -[URL=http://www.personguy.com]PersonGuy[/URL]
 Post Number: 8
Rhydant Search for posts by this member.
I don't work here.

PostIcon Posted on: Feb. 11 2002,06:50 Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

hey PG, was the adminsion process to get into digipen difficult at all?

like how many applied and how many of those got in?

--------------
And when people tell me what is OK and what is not, it should not be unexpected see, I extend my middle right hand digit and say "Hey, would you like a lemon or lime with that piece of advice, Mister?"
 Post Number: 9

PostIcon Posted on: Feb. 28 2002,10:11 Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

The hardest part of getting into DigiPen for me was getting a loan! It took me 3 FUCKING YEARS!!! But yah... odds aren't good and get worse every year with all the expsure the school gets lately. 30,000 request admission packets every year... 3,000 actually fill them out and only 120 get accepted (that's just for the programming stuff... I'm not sure about the art program). One of my friends here didn't get in till his third application. On the other hand another guy I know turned his in late (3 weeks before school) and somehow made it. The admissions is a very "personal" process here though. It's not COMPLETELY based on grades. A lot of it is talking having phone interviews, recommendations, and being excited, interesting, and honest. Anyone can get here as long as they want it bad enough.

Personally I recommend that you take a LOT of math... learn either 0 or at least 2, not 1, programming languages (C++ being one of the 2)... play with level editors a lot (Jazz the Jackrabbit 2, WorldCraft, Abuse, StarCraft, etc.)... look for a program by Sierra called "Klick&Play" and mess around with it... and learn how to convert between binary, decimal, and hex in your head.

Anyway... you can actually play the game now! There's demo up on the site! But don't expect anything spectacular... we JUST started implementing the actual "game" part of the game.

Have fun. :)

--------------
 Post Number: 10
veistran Search for posts by this member.
We don't listen to people that don't like us.

PostIcon Posted on: Feb. 28 2002,23:59 Skip to the previous post in this topic.  Ignore posts   QUOTE

Clik & Play was by maxis I believe. I remember messing around the demo that was on my simtower cd.

--------------
V|-
"Headed down the hard way
Concrete battleground
Urban monkey warfare
Sabotage underground camouflage"
Top of Page Profile Contact Info 
18 replies since Feb. 10 2002,02:57 < Next Oldest | Next Newest >

[ Track This Topic :: Email This Topic :: Print this topic ]

Page 1 of 212>>
reply to topic new topic new poll

» Quick Reply Invasion Squad XIV
iB Code Buttons
You are posting as:

Do you wish to enable your signature for this post?
Do you wish to enable emoticons for this post?
Track this topic
View All Emoticons
View iB Code