Page 1 of 512345>>

[ Track This Topic :: Email This Topic :: Print this topic ]

reply to topic new topic new poll
Topic: Fight Club vs. Matrix< Next Oldest | Next Newest >
 Post Number: 1
Slicer Search for posts by this member.
FNG

Group: Members
PostIcon Posted on: Jun. 04 2000,23:21  Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

Which movie do you guys like more?

Personally, I'm a bigger fan of Fight Club, it fux0red with your head more. Ya know, more of a whoah factor.

Let the ranting begin...

Slicer

Top of Page Profile Contact Info 
 Post Number: 2
Hellraiser Search for posts by this member.
PH34R M3

PostIcon Posted on: Jun. 04 2000,23:46 Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

Matrix all the way, man! Although fight club was pretty damn cool. Matrix rules both because of the mystical aspects and the special effects.

I don't think it's particularly fair to either movie to attempt to compare them, kinda like comparing apples with oranges if you ask me. They're just too different.

------------------
Just your generic meaningless signature. Mix with 2 quarts water and stir till evenly coated.

Post Number: 3
Kolben Search for posts by this member.
FNG

PostIcon Posted on: Jun. 05 2000,04:41 Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

I agree with Hellraiser on that one. It's a bit hard to compare them. But the best kick I got from the Matrix.
 Post Number: 4
jim Search for posts by this member.
Asshole

PostIcon Posted on: Jun. 05 2000,11:04 Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

Fight Club sucked!!!! It would have been cool if they conformed to some set of rules concerning Brad Pitt and Ed Norton.

I remember when they had Brad driving the car, Ed was in the passenger seat, and some dude in the backseat. Don't you think the dude in the back seat would have thought it was strange that ed norton was talking to hisself???? Or the fact that how the hell can ed's figment of his imagination drive the car???

I normally don't read into movies like that, but this movie just sucked! I loved the movie up till the end, then I felt like I was cheated!!!!

------------------
jim
Brews and Cues

Top of Page Profile Contact Info WEB 
 Post Number: 5
FNG

PostIcon Posted on: Jun. 05 2000,16:02 Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

Dude, don't go bashing Fight Club!

If you want to think about that scene, then consider it this way. How was Tyler banging Marla if Ed was downstairs? The way I think of it is that when the two personalities are talking, it's like they're talking to themselves, or even just voices in their head.

If you guys don't want to compare apples and oranges, then why don't we just discuss apples and make this thread devoted to just Fight Club.

Slicer

Post Number: 6
Happyfish Search for posts by this member.
FNG

PostIcon Posted on: Jun. 05 2000,17:34 Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

Matrix is better, duh.
I saw fight club in the theater and thought it kicked ass, then I watched it at home and it was...well..still good, but not as good as I thought. Saw the matrix three times in theater and ...? dunno how many times at home. Rented it and then bought the DVD..

Fight Club has a pretty cool twist..

Post Number: 7
Asshole

PostIcon Posted on: Jun. 05 2000,20:04 Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

I was only pointing out one example on why the movie sucked.

Thanks for pointing out another....

------------------
jim
Brews and Cues

Post Number: 8
Happyfish Search for posts by this member.
FNG

PostIcon Posted on: Jun. 05 2000,21:39 Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

quote:
Originally posted by jim:

I remember when they had Brad driving the car, Ed was in the passenger seat, and some dude in the backseat. Don't you think the dude in the back seat would have thought it was strange that ed norton was talking to hisself????

He just heard ed asking about 'operation mayhem' and replied, 'the first rule of operation mayhem is not to talk about ...' etc. So he thought it was a test of some sort..As for ed (wtf was his character name?)
Sitting in the passanger seat and Tyler (Brad pitt) driving...he was insane!! He had a split personality..is it that hard to believe he thought he was in the passanger seat when he was driving...? Hell the whole conversation could have been in his head..

It was a decent movie...needed a bit more action though.

Post Number: 9
Asshole

PostIcon Posted on: Jun. 06 2000,07:45 Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

All I know is I felt cheated. The Sixth Sense wasn't that good of a movie, but *ATTENTION MOVIE SPOILER* at the end when you find out he was dead. You can go back through the whole movie, and see that he never interacts with any one but the boy. He never opens doors, moves chairs, nothing like that. It surprised the shit out of me, but I didn't feel like the producers pulled one over on me. The fact that he was a ghost was there the WHOLE time. You just had to pick up on it, and nobody does. Watching fight club for the first time, there really is no forshadowing to the end. It's not laid out for you to figure out yourself. They just sneak it in at the end, and expect us to go 'Cool'... Fuck that. That movie rocked until the end.

Cost=Ũ.02

------------------
jim
Brews and Cues

Post Number: 10
FNG

PostIcon Posted on: Jun. 06 2000,20:14 Skip to the previous post in this topic.  Ignore posts   QUOTE

I think Ed Norton was also Tyler Durdan as well, just a different manifestation. I thought the same thing at the end of the movie, I was like, hey, they never did say his name. When I saw you guys referring to him as ed norton, i assumed that was his character name and was bummed that that part of the mystique i had just imagined. Times when they could have revealed his name but did not: at work
at the doc
at the 'groups'
On the other hand, there are many times when he is called tyler, but really only at the end.

Btw, did anyone here notice the frames with tyler at the early parts. EG, when hes talking to his boss, and tyler can be glimpsed behind, with an arm around the boss. (really only works in slow mo...)

Slicer

44 replies since Jun. 04 2000,23:21 < Next Oldest | Next Newest >

[ Track This Topic :: Email This Topic :: Print this topic ]

Page 1 of 512345>>
reply to topic new topic new poll

» Quick Reply Fight Club vs. Matrix
iB Code Buttons
You are posting as:

Do you wish to enable your signature for this post?
Do you wish to enable emoticons for this post?
Track this topic
View All Emoticons
View iB Code