Search Members Help

» Welcome Guest
[ Log In :: Register ]

Page 3 of 5<<12345>>

[ Track This Topic :: Email This Topic :: Print this topic ]

reply to topic new topic new poll
Topic: X-MEN< Next Oldest | Next Newest >
 Post Number: 21
Ozymandias Search for posts by this member.
DetVet

Group: Members
PostIcon Posted on: Jul. 16 2000,18:16  Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

If that was supposed to be Nightcrawler, I'd go on a shooting spree.
Top of Page Profile Contact Info WEB 
 Post Number: 22
Hellraiser Search for posts by this member.
PH34R M3

PostIcon Posted on: Jul. 16 2000,21:10 Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

Well, not every movie can please everyone.

------------------
Just your generic meaningless signature. Mix with 2 quarts water and stir till evenly coated.

Top of Page Profile Contact Info 
 Post Number: 23
rig_hater Search for posts by this member.
FNG

PostIcon Posted on: Jul. 17 2000,01:27 Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

remember the old batman? now, compare it to the new batman... see those costumes? the new ones look better! jumpsuits don't look good in real life. black rubber is much slicker and modern. anyway, i saw x-men on opening night and loved it! i thought the special fx were great - there's a limited amount of stuff you can do in real life (silly gravity!). anyway, i was impressed. and anyone who's actually seen it will laugh about the costume thing anyway. (Go CYCLOPS!)

------------------
PEBKAC: Problem exists between keyboard and chair.

Post Number: 24
The_Hiro Search for posts by this member.
FNG

PostIcon Posted on: Jul. 17 2000,05:09 Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

quote:
Originally posted by Sithiee:
hey i just thought of something, if they put jubilee in there with no dialogue, dyou spose the kid playing basketball was maybe sposed to be nightcrawler?...i dunno, ill check teh credits next time i watch.

Dunno about that one. Maybe. But I don't seem to recall the other players on the basketball court holding their noses to cover up the foul stench of sulfur.

Check out this webpage that disses some of the X-men (nightcrawler included). Sorta funny.

Post Number: 25
jim Search for posts by this member.
Asshole

PostIcon Posted on: Jul. 17 2000,15:28 Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

The movie sucked, the costumes were lame, the storyline was non existant, not enough characters, special effects for boring, fight scenes weren't exciting... I can't think of one thing I liked about that movie except wolverine flipping everyone off with his claws....

You can't say that they couldn't do this, and couldn't do that.... They can do anything in movies these days... Just look at The Phantom Menace.

This movie should have kicked ass because the X-men kick ass....

I think the casting was ridiculous as well. Except for Patrick Stewart. He was perfect.

------------------
jim
Brews and Cues

Top of Page Profile Contact Info WEB 
 Post Number: 26
Zamt Search for posts by this member.
FNG

PostIcon Posted on: Jul. 17 2000,17:41 Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

Now that I have actually seen the movie (and I dug it BTW), I can respond to a couple things, especially to Ozy's stuff. First off, and this isn't from the movie, just remembering, Magneto was never the leader, or even involved with, the Mutant Liberation Front. He lead the Brotherhood of Mutants, which Toad was a member of. For a "comic book nitpicker" you don't know shit. Second, I don't know of a "completely normal motorcycle" (which was not owned my Wolverine at any time, his was probably wrecked when his truck blew) that has a switch that makes it go really fucking fast. Third, the movie got so much hype because it is the X-MEN. If Superman was just coming out, it would be the same way. Batman had all the hype as well. It amazes me that you even saw the movie when you bitch about the costumes. They make fun of them in the movie. But hey, if I was going into battle with superhero types, I would want some nice thick padded leather between me and the wall I slam into.
Before you go off on me, there were some things I didn't like. Magnetos helmet was pretty lame. Storm should have fried Toad to a damn crisp after the way she built up to it. BTW, I loved Toad's Darth Maul move. That's about it for now. I'll bitch more later
 Post Number: 27
SimplyModest Search for posts by this member.
FNG

PostIcon Posted on: Jul. 17 2000,18:33 Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

quote:
Originally posted by jim:

You can't say that they couldn't do this, and couldn't do that.... They can do anything in movies these days... Just look at The Phantom Menace.

This movie should have kicked ass because the X-men kick ass....

I think the casting was ridiculous as well. Except for Patrick Stewart. He was perfect.

your opinion i suppose, but i honestly thought it was awesome.
hugh jackson did a perfect job of wolverine, anna pacquin did great as rogue, and every one else played there parts perfectly.

the plot was fine, because it didnt involve too many characters to keep up, and it had some nice places for fight scenes.

and the fact you think the phantom menace awesome makes you a sorry little man.
(thats my opinion)

concerning other issues, i thought rogue character was done incredibly also. the fact that she was an innocent instead of an ass kicker added much more to the movie than it would've had.
honestly i would have been irritated if rogue was a badass (like EVERYONE is in the comics......snooooooze) and jubilee was being the little innocent they needed (yuck)!

i just got one question. if rogue is never a bad guy, then in the movies, you think she'll EVER get the flying and strength?
(considering she shouldn't ever have to fight Ms. Marvel) ?

------------------
No signature required.

Post Number: 28
psychopharmacologist Search for posts by this member.
Optasne meum ferrum gustare?!

PostIcon Posted on: Jul. 17 2000,18:47 Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

Jubille was in the movie?
who was she?
i dont remember her being there?
 Post Number: 29
The_Hiro Search for posts by this member.
FNG

PostIcon Posted on: Jul. 17 2000,20:58 Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

quote:
Originally posted by psychopharmacologist:
Jubille was in the movie?
who was she?
i dont remember her being there?

She was in the movie all of two seconds. She was in the scene when Rogue goes to class and first meets Iceboy.

Post Number: 30
Cyrino Search for posts by this member.
Jedi Knight

PostIcon Posted on: Jul. 17 2000,22:12 Skip to the previous post in this topic.  Ignore posts   QUOTE

She was also in Xavier's classroom when Wolvarine first came upstairs.
44 replies since Jul. 12 2000,22:43 < Next Oldest | Next Newest >

[ Track This Topic :: Email This Topic :: Print this topic ]

Page 3 of 5<<12345>>
reply to topic new topic new poll

» Quick Reply X-MEN
iB Code Buttons
You are posting as:

Do you wish to enable your signature for this post?
Do you wish to enable emoticons for this post?
Track this topic
View All Emoticons
View iB Code