Search Members Help

» Welcome Guest
[ Log In :: Register ]

[ Track This Topic :: Email This Topic :: Print this topic ]

reply to topic new topic new poll
Topic: Intruders.< Next Oldest | Next Newest >
 Post Number: 1
Willy Pete Search for posts by this member.
FNG

Group: Members
PostIcon Posted on: Jul. 18 2000,07:49  Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

Woke up the night before last with the feeling that someone was in my room. I was pretty groggy seeing it was 4 am. So I turn over as my back was to the door and I saw it was open slightly, weird cause it closes on it's own. Anyws, I roll further and look at the base of the door and I see a guy crouching like a track athlete in his starting blocks. So at this moment I decide to do something quite sensible and lucid and say "Who the fuck are you?" I was thinking maybe it's someone one of my flatmates brought home got lost between the bathroom and her room. The guy doesn't move or say anything and I suddenly get that twilight zone feeling that things aren't quite right, and so I say "How the fuck did you get in here?" then, "I think you better get the fuck out of here right now!" I start to sit up a bit and he slowly stands up and goes "Sorry, mate wrong house." and starts to stagger backwards in the dark. I didn't chase him out cause God only knows what he may have had with him and I know for sure one of my flatmates is home and don't want her getting hurt. So I hear a swish as he legs it out of the kitchen window. Check the house, the doors, all ok. I don't hear Charlotte so I assume he hasn't woken her and I don't want to give her the shits so I go back to bed. She calls me. So I wander in in my boxers, her wearing just her duvet (kinda uncomfortable seeing as she's gorgeous)and she tells me someone was in her room for a few minutes and she didn't dare let on that she was awake. Fucked up..
The guy didn't nick anything, but heck, he didn't have to to freak us out. I guess this isn't as much a rant as a comment, but I wish there was a test for people like that at birth and the we could like, but them in a burlap sack with a brick and toss them in a river. Times like this I wish England didn't ban guns. Back in South Africa he woulda been full of holes. But then again, he probably owuld have had about four friends all with AK47s. Intruders suck.

------------------
"Sometimes I sits and thinks, but most times I justs sits." - Me.

Top of Page Profile Contact Info 
 Post Number: 2
Kolben Search for posts by this member.
FNG

PostIcon Posted on: Jul. 18 2000,10:52 Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

Damn. I know a few people who's had that experience too. Pretending to be asleep while intruders are having a look around.

When it comes to intruders I get extremely mad. A few years ago when I lived with my parents I was home alone playing some game (I don't remember which, as I had quite a few) on my Amiga 500. Suddenly I heard something from downstairs, and my parents were on a trip to Spain. So at first I thought it was just the cat, but then I heard the door to the basement open. This really pissed me off, as I was about to set a new highscore in the game, and I couldn't save or pause it. I was so excited about the game that I actually wondered wether to keep playing or go check out what was going on. I decided on the last and furiously I ran down the stairs. Then the intruder heard me and ran back to the window. I grabbed the large fork hanging on the wall by the stairs and ran into the living room where he was having trouble getting his fat ass out the window. But as I saw I didn't have time to reach him I threw the fork after him, that pierced the windowframe right below him. This scared him and he slipped right out. But I was really pissed, as I had to stop playing, so I jumped after him out the window. Then he threw a hammer after me, that hit me in the thigh (it made a mark I had for over a week). Damn that hurt and I couldn't follow him as he jumped over the henge into the neighbours garden. Really pissed off from this I threw the hammer back after him (couldn't see him) and I heard this *dumpff* and the scream "Aw maaan!". Quite satisfied with that last throw, I limped inside to call the police. As I talked the officer and told him the story he asked me: "Did you really throw that hammer at him? That's illegal. So we shouldn't say that. Wait a sec...I'll just report it in as stolen". I thought that was pretty funny.

If you ever meet an intruder, be fierce and hostile and ready to rip his arms and legs off. That mostly scares them away and drop their goods on the run.

[This message has been edited by Kolben (edited July 18, 2000).]

Post Number: 3
Firefox Search for posts by this member.
FNG

PostIcon Posted on: Jul. 19 2000,04:14 Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

That's a crazy story Pete, totally bizzare. Judging by your description, it sounds like he may have been wasted or stoned or something, which may partially explain it...

I've never had anything like that happen before, which is kinda strange because there have been lots of break ins on my street since we moved here 10 years ago, yet never our house (the only "break in" was someone who broke into my brothers car on the driveway and stole his stereo). Mind you, we have a security system in our house, which probably is a pretty big deterrant.

But for ease of mind, I have a World War I British Officer's bayonnet (in it's scabbard) under my bed. I figure just waving it around would be rather intimidating. Besides, we have two big dogs, which would scare away some intruders too.

-FFox

------------------

"A christian, an anarchist-slash-prostitute, figures out the true meaning of freedom. Not freedom like America, freedom like a shopping cart."
-NOFX

Post Number: 4
FNG

PostIcon Posted on: Jul. 19 2000,11:28 Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

Yeah it was pretty trippy. The forensics guy got some really good prints though from when he held onto the window frame.
I have one of those bayonets too, from a .303 enfield. They're about 2 foot long in the blade. It's at my folks though, cause even though it is London, I don't feel as much of a need for it as in South Africa (Jo'burg even).

------------------
"I'm going to the backseat of my car with the woman I love, and I won't be back for TEN MINUTES." Homer Simpson

Post Number: 5
Bozeman Search for posts by this member.
Guardian

PostIcon Posted on: Jul. 22 2000,20:57 Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

Time for my anecdote. About 6-7 years ago, we left our garage door open, and the entrance door unloced. Someone waltzed right in and took my mom's purse. He got 7 bucks and a bunch of useless plastic because she cancelled all her cards. Then we paid hundreds to get a security system, and no breakins have happened since. Funny, WE NEVER ARM IT! No one has tried to rob us since then, and whenever you open a door the fucking thing beeps. Plus, if there is a false alarm, I.E. cats set off motion detector, you get fined. My advice to others? LOCK THE FUCKING DOOR.
 Post Number: 6
FNG

PostIcon Posted on: Jul. 24 2000,14:06 Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

It was a FUCKING WINDOW. The FUCKING DOOR(tm) was locked.

------------------
"Why do movie villains always have to explain their evil plot to the hero in movies? 'Cause good guys are dumb." Moi

Post Number: 7
nautilus Search for posts by this member.
FNG

PostIcon Posted on: Jul. 24 2000,14:22 Skip to the previous post in this topic.  Ignore posts   QUOTE

What gets me is how fearless so many intruders are...several years back my brother forgot to lock the door after he fed the dog late at night...my mom was asleep in the den in her recliner (which is right next to our back door) and some guy came in, took her purse off the kitchen chair, and left. Several weeks later, a kid found her purse in some tall grass while he was playing. Her checkbook and wallet w/ her credit cards were still there, but the guy took all the cash, and the pics she had of us as kids....Now that's creepy.
6 replies since Jul. 18 2000,07:49 < Next Oldest | Next Newest >

[ Track This Topic :: Email This Topic :: Print this topic ]

reply to topic new topic new poll

» Quick Reply Intruders.
iB Code Buttons
You are posting as:

Do you wish to enable your signature for this post?
Do you wish to enable emoticons for this post?
Track this topic
View All Emoticons
View iB Code