Page 1 of 212>>

[ Track This Topic :: Email This Topic :: Print this topic ]

reply to topic new topic new poll
Topic: Assholes that drive< Next Oldest | Next Newest >
 Post Number: 1
jptech Search for posts by this member.
FNG

Group: Members
PostIcon Posted on: Jul. 07 2000,18:00  Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

So WTF is up with people that feel that it's OK to drive at or near (under) the speed limit in the fast lane?

I don't have a lot of experience in other states, but in California if you're going the speed limit (usually 65 mph) on the highway you're going to piss a LOT of people off.

Today on my way to work, I got stuck behind some jerk who felt that it was OK to go 60 mph on the highway. Myself (and the 8 or 9 cars behind me) were happy as hell to be cruising along at 75-85+ mph, and this guy pulls out in front of me (from the slow lane) going like 60. There was no one in front of him that was going any slower, and there was NO fucking reason for him to want to move LEFT! But he did anyways.

Of course, there were people going the same speed as him in the slow lane so the 10 or so of us couldn't pass him on the right (which is technically illegal here in Cali but no one really cares).

After about 5 miles he realized that there was a large Mercedes hanging about 10 feet from his back bumper and he decided to move over so we could pass him.

Are there people like this all over the place, or only on the West coast?

Top of Page Profile Contact Info 
 Post Number: 2
j0eSmith Search for posts by this member.
Outlier

PostIcon Posted on: Jul. 07 2000,18:44 Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

I think asshole drivers are universal. WE have to put up with them up here too, whenever we're outside any towns etc the lowest acceptale speed to drive is 100km/h. So if the actual limit is 90km/h your still within the 10km/h 'safe-zone' and if the speed limit is 100 then your doing the speed limit.
Now most people can handle this just fine, but theres still the odd numbnuts who gets on and goes 80. So your stuck behind him with more people piling up on this two lane highway, people start tring to pass in really stupid places and there are SO many close calls. People who drive UNDER the speed limit are just as bad or worse than those who drive exessivly OVER it.
 Post Number: 3
iso9k Search for posts by this member.
FNG

PostIcon Posted on: Jul. 07 2000,20:40 Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

there is no such thing as a fast lane...it is a myth...like getting out of class if your teacher doesn't show up in the first 5 minutes.

slower traffic stays to the right means those that can not keep up with the speed limit.

Post Number: 4
jptech Search for posts by this member.
FNG

PostIcon Posted on: Jul. 07 2000,22:50 Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

But in California slower traffic also seems to be incapable of reading the big signs that say "Slower Traffic Keep Right"
 Post Number: 5
Firefox Search for posts by this member.
FNG

PostIcon Posted on: Jul. 08 2000,01:39 Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

I don't have a problem with people who travel at or below the speed limit on the highway, just as long as they stay in the right hand lane when there are cars travelling faster than them (on a multilane highway), or willing to move over a bit to let cars behind them pass (on a single lane). I can't stand it when cars go signifigantly slower than the flow of traffic, and yet clog up the lanes that are for passing or fast traffic.

When I had my drivers training, one of the more interesting things they taught us was that keeping with the flow of traffic was far more important than precisely obeying posted speed limits. If the traffic is moving at 115km/h on a 100km/h highway, it's actually safer (and less annoying to others)to do the 115km/h rather than travel much slower than most of the traffic. Of course, you have to follow this within reason- if a pack of 2 or 3 cars go whizzing by at 150km/h on a 100km/h road, you don't accelerate just to "keep up with them"...

-FFox

[This message has been edited by Firefox (edited July 07, 2000).]

Post Number: 6
Nene Search for posts by this member.
FNG

PostIcon Posted on: Jul. 08 2000,14:29 Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

I'm not going to get into the fast lane thing, but my gripe is those "I own the road" idiots who forgot that the little lever on the left hand side of the steering wheel is a turn signal! Damn idiots.

One guy almost caused a wreck because he was hauling ass, pulled out of one lane of stopped traffic, causing the guy behind him to slam on his brakes since the guy behind couldn't see the stopped traffic in front of the idiot car.

*grr* RANT! RANT! ah...all better.

kisses

------------------
"Due to budgetary restraints, the light at the end of the tunnel will be shut off until further notice."

http://www.angelfire.com/nv/neneshome/index.html

Top of Page Profile Contact Info WEB 
 Post Number: 7
Hellraiser Search for posts by this member.
PH34R M3

PostIcon Posted on: Jul. 08 2000,20:07 Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

That's my pet peve too: lack of signals. It makes it very hard to judge where people are going when you are riding a bike, and I couldn't count the number of times someone has nearly run into me because they neglected to indicate where they were going.

------------------
Just your generic meaningless signature. Mix with 2 quarts water and stir till evenly coated.

Post Number: 8
ch1ckie Search for posts by this member.
FNG

PostIcon Posted on: Jul. 08 2000,23:49 Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

i like how the american tourists that come up to my town in the summer time for fishing/camping or whatever think that my town has double lanes. its funny to see them driving right next to the sidewalk and screeching to a stop when they see a row of parked cars in front of them. I just drive on by, point, and laugh.
Top of Page Profile Contact Info WEB 
 Post Number: 9
Happyfish Search for posts by this member.
FNG

PostIcon Posted on: Jul. 09 2000,06:16 Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

This reminds me of something very depressing...I smashed up my bike..my poooor bike. It was all my fault too, which makes it worse.. I'm fine but my bike has approx 񙇈 damage. Thank God I had insurance. My pooooor bike....*cries pathetically* Anyone wanna drive me around til I get a new ride?
 Post Number: 10
Observer Search for posts by this member.
I once watched, but I have left.

PostIcon Posted on: Jul. 09 2000,23:47 Skip to the previous post in this topic.  Ignore posts   QUOTE

As a fellow cyclist, I am rather curious as to how you smashed up your bike. 񙇈 damage? That sounds like a damn good bike. Usually damage totals in that range means things get replaced rather than repaired.
19 replies since Jul. 07 2000,18:00 < Next Oldest | Next Newest >

[ Track This Topic :: Email This Topic :: Print this topic ]

Page 1 of 212>>
reply to topic new topic new poll

» Quick Reply Assholes that drive
iB Code Buttons
You are posting as:

Do you wish to enable your signature for this post?
Do you wish to enable emoticons for this post?
Track this topic
View All Emoticons
View iB Code