Search Members Help

» Welcome Guest
[ Log In :: Register ]

Page 6 of 6<<23456

[ Track This Topic :: Email This Topic :: Print this topic ]

reply to topic new topic new poll
Topic: People that talk about things they don't know (computers)< Next Oldest | Next Newest >
 Post Number: 51
Happyfish Search for posts by this member.
FNG

Group: Members
PostIcon Posted on: Jul. 04 2000,22:09  Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

I have a dual 8" drive somewhere. It looks like a mini tower and it weighs a ton.
I have no idea if it works, or what format it uses or what kind of computer it plugged into.

Oh, and Atari 800s rule.

Top of Page Profile Contact Info 
 Post Number: 52
SimplyModest Search for posts by this member.
FNG

PostIcon Posted on: Jul. 05 2000,00:22 Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

im running an AMD athlon 700 with a TNT2 ultra.... and i <i>still</i> use a 5 1/4 disk drive for some of my favorite games..

(in fact i recently bought a game off ebay that was on 5 1/4 disk)

------------------
No signature required.

Post Number: 53
jrh1406 Search for posts by this member.
FNG

PostIcon Posted on: Jul. 05 2000,00:41 Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

I have two 5.25 floppys for my c-64, and while cd-burners can be 133t, they'll never make floppy drives obsolete, are you really going to go through all the trouble to burn a 1.3 meg file to a 600 meg cd just to move a file over to a computer that's not on your network?
 Post Number: 54
rig_hater Search for posts by this member.
FNG

PostIcon Posted on: Jul. 05 2000,01:15 Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

even though i never use the floppy drive doesn't mean i'm going to get rid of it. we still need them for making up disks for our programming assignments at school.

------------------
PEBKAC: Problem exists between keyboard and chair.

Post Number: 55
Happyfish Search for posts by this member.
FNG

PostIcon Posted on: Jul. 05 2000,01:45 Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

But almost ever computer now has internet access.
Just upload you 1 meg file to a public site or email it. Floppys are on the way out, I can't remember the last time I used one.
 Post Number: 56
jrh1406 Search for posts by this member.
FNG

PostIcon Posted on: Jul. 05 2000,03:04 Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

Not every computer has internet access, and out of those, how many of them have high speed connections? it's still faster to pop a floppy in a drive and transfer a file than do download it at even 56k.
I've been using mine alot recently because i just moved and it's taking the cable company a bloody long time to hook up my cable.
 Post Number: 57
rig_hater Search for posts by this member.
FNG

PostIcon Posted on: Jul. 06 2000,01:41 Skip to the previous post in this topic.  Ignore posts   QUOTE

for some of our courses, we're required to hand in copies of assignments on floppy though, regardless of the internet presence. not everyone has the access so it makes it unfair for those who don't.

------------------
PEBKAC: Problem exists between keyboard and chair.

56 replies since Jun. 03 2000,04:31 < Next Oldest | Next Newest >

[ Track This Topic :: Email This Topic :: Print this topic ]

Page 6 of 6<<23456
reply to topic new topic new poll

» Quick Reply People that talk about things they don't know (computers)
iB Code Buttons
You are posting as:

Do you wish to enable your signature for this post?
Do you wish to enable emoticons for this post?
Track this topic
View All Emoticons
View iB Code