Search Members Help

» Welcome Guest
[ Log In :: Register ]

Page 3 of 6<<123456>>

[ Track This Topic :: Email This Topic :: Print this topic ]

reply to topic new topic new poll
Topic: People that talk about things they don't know (computers)< Next Oldest | Next Newest >
 Post Number: 21
Wolfguard Search for posts by this member.
Flyswatter of the Apocalypse

Group: Members
PostIcon Posted on: Jun. 06 2000,09:09  Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

ill shoot them in the kneecaps, i need to slow them down somehow so i can give them the mercy shot. Im to old to be chasing them down.

------------------
The gene pool has no life guard, support the GPPTF (Gene Pool Purification Task Force)
http://www.geocities.com/jgoeke610/
Past and future pr0n star :)

Top of Page Profile Contact Info WEB 
 Post Number: 22
Hellraiser Search for posts by this member.
PH34R M3

PostIcon Posted on: Jun. 06 2000,09:22 Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

Kneecaps isn't painful enough.

------------------
Just your generic meaningless signature. Mix with 2 quarts water and stir till evenly coated.

Top of Page Profile Contact Info 
 Post Number: 23
kuros- Search for posts by this member.
FNG

PostIcon Posted on: Jun. 06 2000,10:08 Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

Salesman are bad but College techs who are treated as gods? thats a joke, Military don't have a clue about security, so restrict all web traffic through the firewall, that should stop students spending all day in chat rooms or IRC.

Hah, what do they really know, its taken me some time but I'm on it now.

Stupid g*ts. These people are employed to know everthing, thats annoying

Where do people here go?

Post Number: 24
aventari Search for posts by this member.
Jedi Knight

PostIcon Posted on: Jun. 06 2000,18:09 Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

if they really were only 4x max compatible, when burning them at that 12x speed they will get fux0red.
I've tried burning old-ass 2x CDs at 8x and guess what? they didn't work! I wasted like 6-7 before i figured out that i was burning them too fast... i was pissed!

So i think either you got 12x compatible media(they have 12x drives now? :P)
or you got lucky

quote:
Originally posted by Kolben:
But only in their kneecaps!

Some salesman just tried to sell me a couple of writable cds a week ago. He told me that those I were about to buy was 4x-speed cds and if I put it in a cd-drive faster than 4xspeed I'd ruin them. But maybe it would work with new drives, with good cooling. Then he wanted me to buy some other that costed about 2$ each. I stuck with the others...burnt them with 12xspeed and put them in my 40xspeed cd-rom drive...they still work...

[This message has been edited by Kolben (edited June 06, 2000).]

------------------
aventari
"witty one-liner"

Post Number: 25
Kolben Search for posts by this member.
FNG

PostIcon Posted on: Jun. 07 2000,04:14 Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

Well, they're are the ones I always use. And there's a little 8x in the corner of the box. Some people is just lame. I don't think he had tried burning a single cd ever...
 Post Number: 26
Kayy Search for posts by this member.
DetVet

PostIcon Posted on: Jun. 08 2000,12:15 Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

Well, on the subject of CD writers, I got me an ancient yamaha 2216 (16r2w2rw) and I have had no problems burning a thing with it, people say that you will always get at least one cd that screws up when you try and burn it, I've never, and I mean never, had a single defective cd come out of my drive.

As for people that think they know everything about computers, talk to my dad, he's even l337'er than me, he knows everything there is to know (NOT!).

------------------
When darkness calls and the pain and suffering begin again, you can guarantee that I shall be the instigator.
-
Kevin "Kayy" Beadle, The Proprietor and Innovator of Kayyos-Vx WebDesigns.

Post Number: 27
Sithiee Search for posts by this member.
FNG

PostIcon Posted on: Jun. 08 2000,15:03 Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

heh, my dad thinks hes really good with computers, and thats why his p2-400 with 96 mb of ram runs about 1/4 as fast as my p2-450 with 64 MB of ram....what a dumb fuck
 Post Number: 28
Kolben Search for posts by this member.
FNG

PostIcon Posted on: Jun. 08 2000,16:19 Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

My mother thinks she doesn't know computers on the other hand. But she managed to install windows98 on a 155 MB HD without help (almost). She started ran the install with the "don't check for diskspace switch". Then when it rebooted she booted it into DOS (Yup DOS) and deleted some of the compressed files (I told her she could do that with zip-files and such) and rebooted into the installer that finished. Then to clear some room for the swap file (I told her she needed that) she found win98-lite on the net and uninstalled IE and a bunch of other stuff. Then she installed netscape, and now the computer is up and running. I think that was pretty l33t of my mother.

[This message has been edited by Kolben (edited June 08, 2000).]

Post Number: 29
fendi Search for posts by this member.
FNG

PostIcon Posted on: Jun. 08 2000,19:23 Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

bah! wish my mom was more like that... i keep telling her how to save a demmed word document... how to print... how you can still cut and paste even if its not in windows... (but thats too complicated for her, i must admit) and no, i can't check her email as some one is using the extra phoneline that was supposed to be the modem line which i am solely paying for!! (and no, no one was using the other phoneline) *growl*
 Post Number: 30
Nero Search for posts by this member.
FNG

PostIcon Posted on: Jun. 08 2000,20:30 Skip to the previous post in this topic.  Ignore posts   QUOTE

my mother just called me to ask if she should buy a gateway for 邇. she just needs it to type and for e-mail. my step dad wants to play q3 and rainbow six. "but that machine will run quake, right?" that side of the family makes me wonder if i'm adopted... oh well, at least they don't pretend to know what's going on. "make it work, i don't want to know why or how, just make it work."
56 replies since Jun. 03 2000,04:31 < Next Oldest | Next Newest >

[ Track This Topic :: Email This Topic :: Print this topic ]

Page 3 of 6<<123456>>
reply to topic new topic new poll

» Quick Reply People that talk about things they don't know (computers)
iB Code Buttons
You are posting as:

Do you wish to enable your signature for this post?
Do you wish to enable emoticons for this post?
Track this topic
View All Emoticons
View iB Code