Search Members Help

» Welcome Guest
[ Log In :: Register ]

Page 2 of 4<<1234>>

[ Track This Topic :: Email This Topic :: Print this topic ]

reply to topic new topic new poll
Topic: Are Americans stupid?< Next Oldest | Next Newest >
 Post Number: 11
Sithiee Search for posts by this member.
FNG

Group: Members
PostIcon Posted on: Jul. 29 2000,14:39  Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

you can always get a job in non-retail.
Top of Page Profile Contact Info 
 Post Number: 12
Bozeman Search for posts by this member.
Guardian

PostIcon Posted on: Jul. 29 2000,16:31 Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

I actually do like my job. In all jobs you have to deal with some stupid people eventually. Most of the people see the little diagram that show you haow to use the machine, but I was explining the situations of the few who don't. That's what this forum is about, stupid americans. If I talked about those who us it right, they wouldn't be stupid, now would they? Seriously, think before you post, Sithiee.
 Post Number: 13
Octavian Search for posts by this member.
FNG

PostIcon Posted on: Jul. 29 2000,21:35 Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

sithiee, there's not too much to do besides retail if you're 17 and don't want to work manual labor and aren't "1337" enough to have a business trust you with their network.

and i'm not going to quit a pretty good job that i've been with for a while and have it nice at just because of stupid people. but i can bitch about it. that's what detnet is for.

Post Number: 14
Firefox Search for posts by this member.
FNG

PostIcon Posted on: Jul. 30 2000,01:20 Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

I work cash at a large supermarket (kinda the Canadian equivalent of "Loblaws" I think... whatever Loblaws is...) I can empathize with Boze because I get people like that all the time. This world gets more idiot proof every day, and it seems the idiots just keep coming.

Customer- "Hey cashier, roll the belt down so I can reach my groceries!"

Me- "Oh, uhm, sure. Actually, there is a button down at the end that you press to advance the belt."

Customer- "Really? What kind of button?"

Me- "It's Big and green and says 'PUSH TO ADVANCE BELT' on top of it."

Customer- "Where?"

Me- "Right in front of you, at about waist level..."

Customer- "Oh, ok. Honestly, this store is so bad and..."

And then they proceed to blame their own supidity, their bad mood, and every problem they have ever had on a combination of me and the store.

The thing that bugs me is that ever since I have been buying things, I have tried so hard to be nice to people. Every time anyone tells me to have a nice day/night, I always tell them you too, or whenever anyone tries to make pleasant small talk, I treat them nicely, not just grunt like a frickin' neandrethal and ignore then, and whenever I have a question/complaint/concern, I figure out who the best person to ask would be and do it in a calm, controlled manner. I don't know about you, but if I was a customer, and had a problem that needed solving, the very first place I would go to would be... surprise surprise... CUSTOMER FUCKING SERVICE. Not some guy mopping the floor, not some girl running a till, not some guy hauling bags of potting soil out the loading docks... how about the people at the big desk whose sole purpose it is to answer questions and help people??!

I think the problem is that so many people think they are so damn important... I just wish they would take the time to realize that they are an infintesimably small particle floating in a vast universe, and in the grant scheme of things, they don't mean a lick of crap about anything. I realized this many years back, and ever since I have been generally happier and more content (go figure).

My musical selection for that idea is Edwin's "Alive".

-FFox

------------------

"A christian, an anarchist-slash-prostitute, figures out the true meaning of freedom. Not freedom like America, freedom like a shopping cart."
-NOFX

[This message has been edited by Firefox (edited July 29, 2000).]

Post Number: 15
FNG

PostIcon Posted on: Jul. 30 2000,02:50 Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

sometimes going to customer service is a waste of time. i.e. you would look kinda dumb walking past all the people working there and such, just to ask somethin simple like where the john is.

and i do think before i post thank you very much. calling someone stupid for asking why you have to choose credit or somethin, is like calling someone dumb for not knowing how to build a computer from scratch. some things arent intuitive. now if the person was asking why you would accept credit cards, and bank cards and debit cards, that would be dumb, because its obvious. there is stupid, and then there is ignorant. being ignorant is not a fault for which it is fair to make fun of someone for.

Post Number: 16
Bozeman Search for posts by this member.
Guardian

PostIcon Posted on: Jul. 30 2000,23:46 Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

Yes, I agree. Some things are not intuitive, and using the credit card scanner would normally be a tall order to fill for an average person. Fortunately, there are many diagrams, stickers, and computer displays to explain use of the machine. What I am complaining about is the people who ignore these helpful instructions, and bitch when the fucking thing doesn't work. For example, there is s sign that says "magnetic side down" and a picture on the scanner that shows the correct way to slide. 9/10 times that it doesn't work, it is because these were ignored. Most people figure it out, but those people probably could put a computer together from scratch, if they had good instructions.
 Post Number: 17
Rol3x Search for posts by this member.
DetVet

PostIcon Posted on: Jul. 31 2000,00:57 Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

Ok i totally agree with i think almost all of you in here on this subject. Ive always known it in the back of my head. but lately ive just been saying this "People suck" because its so simply true. People as a whole just plain suck. Aside from a few handfulls of people that your friends with, everyone else in the world sucks for some reason or another.
its good that im not the only one who feels this way.
 Post Number: 18
rocky Search for posts by this member.
FNG

PostIcon Posted on: Jul. 31 2000,05:22 Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

I think a lot of americans lack common sense. They open their mouths when they don't know what the fuck they are talking about. It seems everybody in america has something to say, but most of the time it's just wrong. So, yes, i guess you could say a lot of americans are dumb, but not all.

------------------
http://planetstupid.vfreak.com

Top of Page Profile Contact Info WEB 
 Post Number: 19
Althornin Search for posts by this member.
FNG

PostIcon Posted on: Aug. 07 2000,13:44 Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

sithee-

Have you ever used on of those devices?

It prompts you what to push.

I figured it out with no problems my first time to use one.

If you can't, you must be an idiot- because i ahve seen some dumb people who can read and follow directions like
"press credit for credit card, debit for debit cards"

Now if you think the average person shouldnt be able to read directions and follow them, thats pretty sad. Its not ignorance. Its stupidity.

------------------
Because email can be altered electronically, the integrity of this communication cannot be guaranteed.

Post Number: 20
FNG

PostIcon Posted on: Aug. 07 2000,14:49 Skip to the previous post in this topic.  Ignore posts   QUOTE

well speaking of stupid people, how about those dumbasses *cough*Althornin*cough* who bring back threads that have been dead for a week. or who assume that because someone defends other people, that hes in the same boat with them.

jesus your fucking retarded. all i was suggesting was that just cause they dont take the time to read the instuctions doesnt make them complete morons.

37 replies since Jul. 28 2000,00:26 < Next Oldest | Next Newest >

[ Track This Topic :: Email This Topic :: Print this topic ]

Page 2 of 4<<1234>>
reply to topic new topic new poll

» Quick Reply Are Americans stupid?
iB Code Buttons
You are posting as:

Do you wish to enable your signature for this post?
Do you wish to enable emoticons for this post?
Track this topic
View All Emoticons
View iB Code