Search Members Help

» Welcome Guest
[ Log In :: Register ]

Page 2 of 3<<123>>

[ Track This Topic :: Email This Topic :: Print this topic ]

reply to topic new topic new poll
Topic: Jerks in Cars< Next Oldest | Next Newest >
 Post Number: 11
jrh1406 Search for posts by this member.
FNG

Group: Members
PostIcon Posted on: Jul. 06 2000,07:11  Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

Man, only a 3/4 ton pickup? I have to watch out for nutcases on the road while driving a 2 ton wagon.

as far a Bicycles go, when i rode, i always tried to keep an eye out for the crazy drivers, and now that i have a car i try to give cyclists as much of a comfort zone as i can. Oh, and i don't know about other states but i'm pretty sure that in CT bicyclists have as much right of way on the road as cars do. At least law wise, the dumbass careening down the road in a 4-door might have other ideas though.

Top of Page Profile Contact Info 
 Post Number: 12
pi42 Search for posts by this member.
FNG

PostIcon Posted on: Jul. 06 2000,13:29 Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

What I was really getting at was that although many bikers are unsafe on the road, if they collide with a car, only they will get really hurt--many drivers take advantage of that and drive very offensively when bikers are around. Plus, even if there are some unsafe bikers, that's no reason to ruin if for those of us that actually bike responsibly.
 Post Number: 13
Observer Search for posts by this member.
I once watched, but I have left.

PostIcon Posted on: Jul. 06 2000,13:38 Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

quote:
Originally posted by pi42:
many drivers take advantage of that and drive very offensively when bikers are around.

Though I don't think the drivers realize the liability involved in their risks. It's almost as serious as hitting a pedestrian, something NOBODY wants on his/her driving record.

Post Number: 14
Wolfguard Search for posts by this member.
Flyswatter of the Apocalypse

PostIcon Posted on: Jul. 06 2000,13:51 Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

Even for a person that does not get on a bike there are to many jerks on the road. I think its time for a coast to coast, live action Car Wars game. A bushmaster 25mm cannon would mount great on a SUV. Take that road rage to a whole new level!

------------------
Nuke em' till they glow and shoot em’ in the dark and let the computer sort em' out.
Then wait for a mutation…

Top of Page Profile Contact Info WEB 
 Post Number: 15
kai Search for posts by this member.
follower

PostIcon Posted on: Jul. 06 2000,15:56 Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

odd, I thought the roads were made for wagons, buggies, and equestrians(oh my). but you know if you guys say so
 Post Number: 16
Nekekami Search for posts by this member.
FNG

PostIcon Posted on: Jul. 06 2000,16:16 Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

Hell, I was running around my neigborhood one morning at about 7AM, and almost got my life amputated. I was running uphill, and the corner house had hedges. WELL! Right when I reached the corner, some faggot ignored the stop-sign and nearly killed my ass. Didn't really help that he was like 5 INCHES away from the curb, so I had to almost dive into the hedges. WTF is that...people think that the stop-signs only apply when there are cars around.
 Post Number: 17
iso9k Search for posts by this member.
FNG

PostIcon Posted on: Jul. 06 2000,18:14 Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

I was a Bike messenger for three years and I have a serious problem with the way cars behave as well as bikers.

FYI: Roads were and are made for transportation...not cars or motor vehicles. Jesus.

If us bikers could get our "own" lane that would be nice, but most of the $$ available to do that is spent on existing roads to repair them from the damage caused by CARS. Studs in the tires.

I've put my Kryto through winshields and on top(through) Miata's when Im cut off, forced to lay my bike down, or a friend of mine(another courier) calls a "code red" {a car performs a hit and run]. Cars can seriously injure a biker. I try to make the drivers realize a biker can be just as dangerous to their precious motor car.

Think of it this way. It takes a bike a lot longer to get somewhere than a car. the car needs to be a bit patient, turn down their stereo, stop talking in the goddamn cell phone, and pay fucking attention to the world around them.

And I dont have ANY sympathy for my bike friends when they run a red light and get tagged by a car downtown....they deserve it.

------------------

Post Number: 18
Firefox Search for posts by this member.
FNG

PostIcon Posted on: Jul. 07 2000,02:22 Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

But drivers don't need to pay more attention only to protect bikers. They need to do it to improve everyone's safety (including other drivers), as well as pedestrians and private/public property too.

-FFox

------------------
"A christian, an anarchist-slash-prostitute, figures out the true meaning of freedom. Not freedom like America, freedom like a shopping cart."
-NOFX

Post Number: 19
Bob_Cannibal Search for posts by this member.
FNG

PostIcon Posted on: Jul. 15 2000,04:34 Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

Remember the added advantage of a good handgun when bicycling...

I live in an area, where, there is no dedicated lane, to get to work, I have to bike... the area where I live, is notorious for hit-and-runs on peds... just walking down the sidewalk, (what little there is) and someone tags 'em...

gawd I wish the school system'd allow employees to carry a firearm...

------------------
This post has the safety on. To open, press down hard on UBB and turn until arrows align.

| v
| (< >) push down and align arrows.
| ^

F*cking thing... I need a 5 year old... I seem to be unable to open the post... damn safeties...™

Top of Page Profile Contact Info WEB 
 Post Number: 20
Firefox Search for posts by this member.
FNG

PostIcon Posted on: Jul. 15 2000,04:58 Skip to the previous post in this topic.  Ignore posts   QUOTE

Man, you guys all need to move to a REAL COUNTRY like Canada, where you can ride your bike in (relative) safety!

(Heeh hee, just a little poke there. No hard feelings)

-FFox

------------------

"A christian, an anarchist-slash-prostitute, figures out the true meaning of freedom. Not freedom like America, freedom like a shopping cart."
-NOFX

21 replies since Jul. 05 2000,16:08 < Next Oldest | Next Newest >

[ Track This Topic :: Email This Topic :: Print this topic ]

Page 2 of 3<<123>>
reply to topic new topic new poll

» Quick Reply Jerks in Cars
iB Code Buttons
You are posting as:

Do you wish to enable your signature for this post?
Do you wish to enable emoticons for this post?
Track this topic
View All Emoticons
View iB Code