Search Members Help

» Welcome Guest
[ Log In :: Register ]

Page 2 of 5<<12345>>

[ Track This Topic :: Email This Topic :: Print this topic ]

reply to topic new topic new poll
Topic: Fight Club vs. Matrix< Next Oldest | Next Newest >
 Post Number: 11
Happyfish Search for posts by this member.
FNG

Group: Members
PostIcon Posted on: Jun. 07 2000,00:39  Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

quote:
Originally posted by jim:
You can go back through the whole movie, and see that he never interacts with any one but the boy. He never opens doors, moves chairs, nothing like that. It surprised the shit out of me, but I didn't feel like the producers pulled one over on me. The fact that he was a ghost was there the WHOLE time.

What about when he is in the boy's house waiting for him? Would he not have knocked on the dorr and waited for someone to let him in, and interacted somehow with the person that answered?

Of course they fix that by saying 'They see what they want to see' or whatever..

Top of Page Profile Contact Info 
 Post Number: 12
Firefox Search for posts by this member.
FNG

PostIcon Posted on: Jun. 07 2000,05:44 Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

I liked both Fight Club and Matrix. It's impossible to compare them. Matrix was awesome from a Science-Fiction story, special effects point of view. Fight Club was cool from a twisted, interesting plot turn point of view.

I really liked Fight Club. I think that people who seriously nitpick over movies too much need to get out more.

And people who talk in movie theatres during movies should be drawn and quartered. And then keel-hauled. And then tossed into a spike-filled pit. God I hate them...

Matrix had some of the coolest stuff I've seen in a long time, though.

-Firefox

Post Number: 13
Bozeman Search for posts by this member.
Guardian

PostIcon Posted on: Jun. 22 2000,10:55 Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

Dude, this is apples and oranges. They both ruled. (although The Matrix is the only one of the two with a detnet bastardization, hint hint cr0bar) Both had great fight scenes, and as for special effects, how was the view of the synapses inside Ed Norton's brain at the beginning, and the implosion of the office buildings at the end? (of Fight Club)

A quote (sorry if it's not exact, saw Fight club a while ago)

"We sucked the fat out of the asses of rich women and sold it back to them at an inflated price."
-Explaining the soap, Fight Club

Post Number: 14
XaSERaX Search for posts by this member.
FNG

PostIcon Posted on: Jun. 23 2000,05:47 Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

FIGHT CLUB WILL RULE ON AFTER YOU MOFOS ARE GONE.
that was an awesome plot. matrix was simple, and easy to understand for the masses, nothing to it. Fight Club has so many little things about it that you see everytime you see it again. words they say, everything is a clue, but you dont see or understand till youve seen it a couple times and can actually watch the movie. matrix was simple, good and waiting for the sequels, but Fight Club rules on another level. i saw that movie over 10x now, still awesome

------------------
"When aiming three blocks away at a 4th story window from your apartment with a high powered air gun and scope. Always make sure there is not a walking patrol cop below your building."

Top of Page Profile Contact Info WEB 
 Post Number: 15
Client Search for posts by this member.
FNG

PostIcon Posted on: Jun. 23 2000,06:21 Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

I'm a Fight Club voter...i love the abstract concepts and taking down the credit card companies...Damn Skippy i love it.

------------------
"Around 2300, every square mile of the earth's landmass will have the population density of Manhattan at noon."
-Isaac Asimov

Ever see a cage of rats starve to death?

Post Number: 16
reman Search for posts by this member.
FNG

PostIcon Posted on: Jun. 23 2000,11:39 Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

If you check the Sixth Sense DVD there is a whole explanation of "the rules" they had to follow (this also included angry ghosts make itc old, something red) and if you go through the movie again they all hold true. As for fight club i'll be interested in the DVD to find this out apparently the commentaries point out the rules.
As for the matrix vs fight club...i've gotta say that they both kick ass. although I think fight club was better acted and directed i think matrix had the idea, the mystique, i think someone called it. my Ũ.02

regards, reman

------------------
People ask me to fix their computer. I do in 5 seconds. They say "You think your good don't you". I say "I know I'm good". People always ask stupid questions.

Post Number: 17
ScruplaniS Search for posts by this member.
FNG

PostIcon Posted on: Jun. 24 2000,00:34 Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

Ed is just labeled as Narrator in the credits. For all you wondering out there .

I have to vote the matrix, but I have to say that both movies are at the top of my list. As for some of the things being said about fight club, if you read the book stuff will make more sense. They changed a lot of shit around. And they cut a lot of stuff out.

This may spoil something for some of you so don't read it if you plan to read the book.

That thing in the car is totally different in the book, it is some other guy driving along with the "Narrator" and Tyler in the front and some "space monkeys" in the back, on thier way to get the fat. And the fat they use in the beginning is Marla's Mom's fat which she sends to Marla so she can use it to "smooth" wrinkles in her face. (She stores it in Tyler's freezer.

------------------
ScruplaniS
"Nothing Dies More Quickly Than A New Idea In A Closed Mind."

Post Number: 18
moetown Search for posts by this member.
slaxor

PostIcon Posted on: Jun. 24 2000,04:03 Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

Both movies have my vote!

One added note about the car scene in fight club. According the commentary on the DVD with David Fincher, Brad Pitt, and Ed Norton, there is actually a "continuity error" in the scene. If you watch and notice after the car flips over, Ed Norton’s character is getting out of the drivers side. Clearly he was not driving to begin with.

Just my $.02

Post Number: 19
Nero Search for posts by this member.
FNG

PostIcon Posted on: Jun. 24 2000,14:29 Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

i saw fight club a week or two ago (concepts of time? right.). i like it. i like it a lot. i like it better than the matrix, though that's not to take anything away from the matrix. both movies had the elements i like: death, destruction, a grand philosophical element. fight club a some skin in it, too.

one of my managers has fight club on dvd and he said they explain tyler's wardrobe in the commentaries. most of it actually came out of brad pitt's own closet. the bathrobe belonged to one of pitt's roommates years ago and got left behind when one of them moved.

Post Number: 20
The_Hiro Search for posts by this member.
FNG

PostIcon Posted on: Jun. 24 2000,15:55 Skip to the previous post in this topic.  Ignore posts   QUOTE

I liked Fight Club better. The Matrix loses my vote because of bad acting and some bad script writing. Where The Matrix prevails is in the areas of soundtrack and visual effects; generally these things aren't that important to me. I liked Fight Club better because it had good dialogue, solid acting, and some interesting themes. It had a great resolution too (I felt the ending to the Matrix was a bit cheeze). To each his own.
44 replies since Jun. 04 2000,23:21 < Next Oldest | Next Newest >

[ Track This Topic :: Email This Topic :: Print this topic ]

Page 2 of 5<<12345>>
reply to topic new topic new poll

» Quick Reply Fight Club vs. Matrix
iB Code Buttons
You are posting as:

Do you wish to enable your signature for this post?
Do you wish to enable emoticons for this post?
Track this topic
View All Emoticons
View iB Code