Page 1 of 512345>>

[ Track This Topic :: Email This Topic :: Print this topic ]

reply to topic new topic new poll
Topic: X-MEN< Next Oldest | Next Newest >
 Post Number: 1
fendi Search for posts by this member.
FNG

Group: Members
PostIcon Posted on: Jul. 12 2000,22:43  Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

AAAAAAAAArrggggggggh!

I've just been reading rave reviews for this and due to a weekend bushwalk I'm consequently going to be the last person (just about) to see it! By the time next weekend comes around, EVERYONE would've seen it, would be talking about it and and and... *sniff*

I'm not mean enough to hope its not as good as its hyped up to be. (There was hardly any hype for this anyway) All I ask is for spoiler warnings! Please! If you have to talk about it. *sniff*

Anyway, its going to be my first ever (long overdue) camping trip so even I am expecting myself to be sore and very reluctant to get out of bed for monday's stint at work. I was looking forward to going (proper) camping for once, but the X-Men movie has put a slight damper on things. *sigh*

Well, thats my little rant, and yes, I do feel slightly better. _SLIGHTLY_

*grumble mumble*

Top of Page Profile Contact Info 
 Post Number: 2
Ozymandias Search for posts by this member.
DetVet

PostIcon Posted on: Jul. 12 2000,23:51 Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

*As John Romero* First post, bitches!

Ooonnnn a side note, don't worry. The only reason it's getting so much hype is because FOX is doing it. If FOX had done Battlefield: Earth, it would've been hyped to hell, too. And it would've been given aprrox. 8,000 good reviews.

X-Men will, sadly, not be too good. For some reason, neither Beast, nor Angel, nor Iceman is going to be there, but Rogue is. The first thing any pathetic comic book junkie will say is:
That was never a lineup in the comics.
Of course, even overlooking that, there's still the inclusion of ultra-lame villains:
Toad. TOAD?! It would be understandable if the rest of the Mutant Liberation Front was there, but it's JUST HIM. They've also changed his powers to make him cooler, but if they're doing that, why not just have a cooler character instead? Feh. Sabretooth is understandable, being Wolverine's arch-rival character, but if they were going to change the way he looked, why couldn't they just make him look less FLAMING? As stupid as his costume was in the costume, at least it worked for a comic book character. His new look doesn't work for anything, except possibly a gay biker bar.
No Sentinels or Danger Room. Why? Because they're saving that for the sequel. They say they want to maintain a TIMELINE.
The X-Men have a lineup that was never in the comic, and Magneto's team (I'm not even sure if it's supposed to be the MLF or not!) never even existed. AND THEY WANT TO MAINTAIN A TIMELINE.

Also, besides that, it's just retarded in general. Nonsensical fight atop of the Statue of Liberty? Sure, why not! Give Magneto a helmet that looks like it was rejected from Battlestar Galactica? Yeeeaahh.

Sorry, this really didn't have anything to do with your rant, but I just despise the X-Men movie wholly, and since there already is a thread titled X-Men started...

Also, side notes: Blackbird=X-Jet? Wolverine's COMPLETELY NORMAL MOTORCYCLE=X-Cycle? Wolverine's claws look like oversized toothpicks. Also, why doesn't Prof. X's wheelchair float, like any good wheelchair would? It's nothing big, but it would've been cool.

Sorry. Had to get that out. Feel free to disregard my comic-book-geek nitpicking.

Top of Page Profile Contact Info WEB 
 Post Number: 3
Zamt Search for posts by this member.
FNG

PostIcon Posted on: Jul. 13 2000,00:33 Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

Just a wee bit of clarification here. Iceman is in the movie, but just a bit. Toad was one of Magnetos original Brotherhood of Evil Mutants. Since you obviously haven't seen the movie, don't friggin rip it yet. And the reason there is no danger room is they had a limited budget. Can you imagine the money a danger room will take to do? Anyway, there's my $.02, and I'll be seeing it on sunday, since I have to work the first two days it's out.
 Post Number: 4
Rol3x Search for posts by this member.
DetVet

PostIcon Posted on: Jul. 13 2000,01:43 Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

first off, i was never a massive comic book fan. though i did have several. an i fucking loved the x-men. i havent seen the movie yet. but my big problem is, (and i know there are reasons) but why the fuck was everyones costume so damn differant from how they were origionally?! i read some bs in a mag about how wolverines costume couldnt be yellow because it wouldnt look good in technicolor......... fuck that, his costume looked cool before, im not down with it now. and i dont think that the guy portrays him well from what ive seen, i used to love the guys voice who did his voice on the cartoon, i thought it was perfect.
-
 Post Number: 5
FNG

PostIcon Posted on: Jul. 13 2000,03:11 Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

One of the big reasons for changing the costumes is very, very simple. Here it is.

PEOPLE IN HEAD-TO-TOE COLORFUL SPANDEX LOOK REALLY STUPID!

Post Number: 6
DetVet

PostIcon Posted on: Jul. 13 2000,22:37 Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

And Wolverine now doesn't?

Why not just give him his average-guy NORMAL fucking suit? He looked best in that. Just a leather coat, jeans.

By the way, I think the guy who plays Logan makes him look like some sort of dumbass canadian redneck.

Post Number: 7
FNG

PostIcon Posted on: Jul. 14 2000,00:31 Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

Wolvie practicially is a canadian redneck. He wears jeans and lumberjack shirts and drinks cheap beer. Yeah, he's a semi-samurai and all that, but he's still a bit of a hick. And if he didn't have a costume, everybody would have to not have a costume. If everyone looked like they did in the comic, Jean Grey would have big bright orange hair and huge breasts (that part would be ok tho :P ).
 Post Number: 8
Firefox Search for posts by this member.
FNG

PostIcon Posted on: Jul. 14 2000,17:42 Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

Keep in mind that cartoons and comic animation often VASTLY exaggerates human characteristics and appearance (usually for a good reason), but when this is converted to the big screen, it can seem kinda odd.

-FFox

------------------

"A christian, an anarchist-slash-prostitute, figures out the true meaning of freedom. Not freedom like America, freedom like a shopping cart."
-NOFX

Post Number: 9
SimplyModest Search for posts by this member.
FNG

PostIcon Posted on: Jul. 14 2000,19:26 Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

Think about the costume thing realistically.

If you were the leader of an elite force of beings that kicked everyone's ass.... would they were yellow? or black leather?

(btw - the matrix had black leather and no one complained there)

Post Number: 10
DetVet

PostIcon Posted on: Jul. 14 2000,21:36 Skip to the previous post in this topic.  Ignore posts   QUOTE

I saw the movie today. Blech.

If there's a comic called X-Men, and there's a movie coming out based on that comic, wouldn't logic preside that the movie would be at least a little like the comic?

No, apparently not.

44 replies since Jul. 12 2000,22:43 < Next Oldest | Next Newest >

[ Track This Topic :: Email This Topic :: Print this topic ]

Page 1 of 512345>>
reply to topic new topic new poll

» Quick Reply X-MEN
iB Code Buttons
You are posting as:

Do you wish to enable your signature for this post?
Do you wish to enable emoticons for this post?
Track this topic
View All Emoticons
View iB Code