Page 1 of 212>>

[ Track This Topic :: Email This Topic :: Print this topic ]

reply to topic new topic new poll
Topic: Southwest Airlines & its passengers< Next Oldest | Next Newest >
 Post Number: 1
Nene Search for posts by this member.
FNG

Group: Members
PostIcon Posted on: Jun. 28 2000,14:19  Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

Cattle Herd airlines of the skies. They herd you onto the plane (moo!), throw peanuts and soda at you, then herd you off (moo!)

People stomp all over you to get onto the plane. Seats will still be there, folks.

And the dumbasses that bring those rolling luggage cases. Figure one bin for 6 people, and those cases take up over a third of a bin. Our flight was delayed 20 minutes, because they had to take out baggage and check it below. Its not as if you are NOT going to pass the luggage carousels anyways.

Maybe I'm a bit anal, but I'll throw out my common courtesy bitch again. *grr*

Oh, and my last bitch. I flew from Vegas to Seattle. PLEASE tell me WHY I had to go through Salt Lake City, UT? On the way back, they were much more creative. I had a choice of going from Seattle to LA to Phoenix to Vegas or Seattle to Reno to Vegas.

Rant! Rant! Rant!

Ah, I feel better. That is the last time I let my mom pick my airline.

------------------
"Due to budgetary restraints, the light at the end of the tunnel will be shut off until further notice."

http://www.angelfire.com/nv/neneshome/

Top of Page Profile Contact Info WEB 
 Post Number: 2
Wolfguard Search for posts by this member.
Flyswatter of the Apocalypse

PostIcon Posted on: Jun. 28 2000,14:42 Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

thats why i fly first class.

------------------
Nuke em' till they glow and shoot em’ in the dark and let the computer sort em' out.
Then wait for a mutation…

Post Number: 3
Bozeman Search for posts by this member.
Guardian

PostIcon Posted on: Jun. 28 2000,16:04 Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

First class? Pretty 1337... I live in a Detroit suburb (Novi) and Detroit is the Northwest hub of the world. I have never flown Southwest, but Northwest has to at least TIE Southwest for bad service, waiting times, and quality and quantity of food. Some people at Metro Airport (Detroit) have waited 8 hrs, because if they pull away from the gantry (the extendo-thingee you walk on to get to the plane) 15 mins or less after they are supposed to, they are considered "on time." What bullshit! They are adding more terminals to Metro now, so it will not be as bad in the future, but it sucks ass in the meantime. Anyone else pissed at the airline industry?
Top of Page Profile Contact Info 
 Post Number: 4
Wolfguard Search for posts by this member.
Flyswatter of the Apocalypse

PostIcon Posted on: Jun. 28 2000,16:46 Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

Im not 1337, my company pays and if they want me to go it has to be 1st class(contracts are great).

I have never had the pleasure of slothwest but i have heard of them. I know to avoid them.

------------------
Nuke em' till they glow and shoot em’ in the dark and let the computer sort em' out.
Then wait for a mutation…

Post Number: 5
Nene Search for posts by this member.
FNG

PostIcon Posted on: Jun. 28 2000,16:48 Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

quote:
Originally posted by Wolfguard:
thats why i fly first class.

There IS no first class on Southwest, and yes, I do fly other airlines when I can.

*grr* They don't have seat assignments. Period.

*sigh*

------------------
"Due to budgetary restraints, the light at the end of the tunnel will be shut off until further notice."

http://www.angelfire.com/nv/neneshome/

Post Number: 6
Nero Search for posts by this member.
FNG

PostIcon Posted on: Jun. 28 2000,22:40 Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

northwestern is the worst airline i've ever been on. lufthansa being the best. usair wasn't bad, delta wasn't too good, southwest was about like delta. i only feel like supporting my statement about northwestern.

northwestern has left a terminal on time once in its history. this was two years ago on new years eve in memphis. i was on my way back from germany via detroit and then memphis. the fuckers left the terminal five minutes early. i ran my ass off to get to the plane (i got there a minute early) so i wouldn't have to spend new year's eve in memphis and the bastard left early. so i guess they haven't ever left no time.

Post Number: 7
Hellraiser Search for posts by this member.
PH34R M3

PostIcon Posted on: Jun. 29 2000,00:49 Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

quote:
Originally posted by syf0n:
A year ago we (family) were flying to Indianapolis, as we do every year, to see the Indy 500. When we arrived @ the airport, there was a large storm, so we had to circle the airport at a distance until we could land. Here's the funny part...to pass the time, the stewardess ladies decided to gamble! Everyone in the plane (who wanted to participate) got a dollar and wrote their seat # on it. Then it all got put in a bag, and the dollar bill with the seat # pulled won all the cash! COOL!...Except for the fact that a 14 year old kid won, which is GAMBLING BY A MINOR! ILLEGAL! The technical side to this is: IS it really illegal? We were flying, so we weren't really in ANY state, which is where the gambling laws apply...raises an interesting question, eh? (I'm pretty sure it is illegal, but it's funny nonetheless.)

I think that could be defined as a raffle, and as far as I know it is legal for a minor to win. If that's not legal, then many of our school events are illegal, in that there are kids as young as 13 participating in raffles, and I won one when I was 15 (趚).

------------------
Just your generic meaningless signature. Mix with 2 quarts water and stir till evenly coated.

Post Number: 8
Chrissy Search for posts by this member.
LawGrrl

PostIcon Posted on: Jun. 29 2000,01:44 Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

My mother works for British Airways- Ive flown MANY different airlines.
American
American Eagle
America West
British Airways
Quantas
Delta

Southwest is the "no frills" airline and they tell you that. Thats also why there is no first class and why you feel like cattle. Don't complain you probably paid less for that ticket then on other airlines.

I flew first class on american and business to and from london (for free)- I NEVER complain about airline service cause I dont pay for it. But I get what you all are saying. If you want an airline with all the frills- try American or Delta or something. Southwest is the to and fro airline- nothing to them.

------------------
"The causes we know everything about depend on the causes we know nothing about, which depend on the causes we know absolutely nothing about."- Tom Stoppard

Post Number: 9
jptech Search for posts by this member.
FNG

PostIcon Posted on: Jun. 29 2000,02:45 Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

Southworst isn't all that bad... if you don't mind flying backwards =)

A friend of mine talked me into helping him move back east (from California). So we drove to New Jersey from here. I, of course, don't have all that much money to pay for a plane back so I decide to go Southwest. Hey, it's only 赨 one-way.. how bad could it be?

Well, I made it to Baltimore airport about 15 minutes before the flight left (my bad, I know...) Got onto the plane right before it pushed off. Had the pleasure of being in a center rear-ward facing seat right behind a bulkhead (you know, the one where they put 6 people (3 forward, 3 backwards) with about the same amount of legroom as a normal row).

Which wouldn't all that bad, if it weren't for the rather large woman on the aisle side of me, and the 3 angry men across from me who started drinking LONG before the plane ever left the ground.

Of course, I really hadn't paid any attention to the ticket when I bought it. I knew what time I was leaving the east coast, and I knew what time I was going to be getting to the West coast. Didn't think a thing of it. Until I got on the plane, and noticed that the flight attendants made no mention of Sacramento, but a lot of Birmingham Alabama. And that hurricane off of the coast that we were going to be flying by. Which made for a rather bumpy ride in a backwards facing seat.

Of course, I was on the direct (NOT non-stop) flight from hell. And I didn't change planes, which meant I couldn't get off of the plane. Unless I tried jumping out.

13 hours, and a few lovely stops later (Birmingham, Houston, Las Vegas) I was home. And I think I'd rather drive than fly Southwest again.

Post Number: 10
iso9k Search for posts by this member.
FNG

PostIcon Posted on: Jun. 29 2000,05:44 Skip to the previous post in this topic.  Ignore posts   QUOTE

Flying above a state puts you within that state. You are in that state's air space. Felons can get arrested when flying over a state that holds warrant(s) on them if they are in the air space. I've heard that airlines have been told do divert a plane so it circles over a state's border for a minute so a state official can legally arrest a criminal.
11 replies since Jun. 28 2000,14:19 < Next Oldest | Next Newest >

[ Track This Topic :: Email This Topic :: Print this topic ]

Page 1 of 212>>
reply to topic new topic new poll

» Quick Reply Southwest Airlines & its passengers
iB Code Buttons
You are posting as:

Do you wish to enable your signature for this post?
Do you wish to enable emoticons for this post?
Track this topic
View All Emoticons
View iB Code